-   -   Excel Crashes after Inserting New Worksheet and Closing the File (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/54776-excel-crashes-after-inserting-new-worksheet-closing-file.html)

ttt

Excel Crashes after Inserting New Worksheet and Closing the File

Any suggestions how to eliminate the subject problem? Using Excel
2002.

Thanks

exceluserforeman

Excel Crashes after Inserting New Worksheet and Closing the File

Click the "New Workbook" toolbar button

else

File New

Either of these methods work?

"ttt" wrote:

Any suggestions how to eliminate the subject problem? Using Excel
2002.

Thanks

ttt

Excel Crashes after Inserting New Worksheet and Closing the File

Thanks for the suggestion. However, the problem is not about creating
a new workbook. The problem occurs after opening an existing workbook,
inserting a new sheet, then closing. As the file is closing the Excel
session crashes, I'm prompted to send an error report to Microsoft and
then Excel restarts. Then Excel restarts in recovery mode.

exceluserforeman

Excel Crashes after Inserting New Worksheet and Closing the Fi

Hi,
that problem occurred to me because I was starting Excel through an Excel
Short cut ie New Excel Worksheet or via an existing workbook.

Create Desktop shortcut direct to Excel.exe

Also, check you Start Menu Excel Properties that it actually starts Excel.exe

This might help.

- - Mark

"ttt" wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. However, the problem is not about creating
a new workbook. The problem occurs after opening an existing workbook,
inserting a new sheet, then closing. As the file is closing the Excel
session crashes, I'm prompted to send an error report to Microsoft and
then Excel restarts. Then Excel restarts in recovery mode.

ttt

Excel Crashes after Inserting New Worksheet and Closing the Fi

Thanks. It still failed.