-   -   Area prints as A rea, How do I fix this in excell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/54772-area-prints-rea-how-do-i-fix-excell.html)

FMonkey

Area prints as A rea, How do I fix this in excell?

When I print preview it shows that it will print correct and then when
printed it has a space in between letters. Example: Area Chamber of
Commerce prints as A rea Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, prints as
Boa rd of Directors. What am I doing wrong? How do I fix it?

Dave Peterson

Area prints as A rea, How do I fix this in excell?

Does it look like that when you do file|print preview?

How about if you print to another printer?

How about if you change fonts?

(That's right, I have questions--no answers.)

If it's the printer, I'd start with getting a new driver to see if that helped.

--

Dave Peterson

FMonkey

Area prints as A rea, How do I fix this in excell?

Dave,

When I view File/Print preview it looks okay. Then I print and the words
are seperated by spaces. I haven't tried another printer or changed the
fonts. Any other suggestions?? It's weird. It's pretty ironic that I don't
start my excell class until January 2006. I usually am okay. Thanks for
your help. Suggestions still welcome.

Fmonkey

FMonkey wrote:

When I print preview it shows that it will print correct and then when
printed it has a space in between letters. Example: Area Chamber of
Commerce prints as A rea Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, prints as
Boa rd of Directors. What am I doing wrong? How do I fix it?

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Area prints as A rea, How do I fix this in excell?

I don't have any other suggestions. I don't think it's excel--I blame the
printer--until you tell me I'm wrong.

FMonkey wrote:

When I print preview it shows that it will print correct and then when
printed it has a space in between letters. Example: Area Chamber of
Commerce prints as A rea Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, prints as
Boa rd of Directors. What am I doing wrong? How do I fix it?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

BLAHAWK MIKE

Area prints as A rea, How do I fix this in excell?

I WAS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE PRINT PREVIEW DISPLAYING LIKE 10% OF THE PAGE
ONLY PER PAGE, I COULD NOT RESET THE PREVIEW SETTINGS TO MAKE THEM HOLD, BUT
I THINK ADOBE PDF STANDARD HAD TO DO WITH THE ISSUE BECAUSE I MAKE A LOT OF
PDF FILES FOR EXPORTING AND REMAKE PDF FROM PDF TO GIVE COMPATIBILITY WITH
THE PRINTER WE USE. SO I CHANGED PRINTERS AND MY PREVIEW WAS THEN CORRECT ON
DISPLAY AND SO I CHANGED BACK AGAIN TO THE REGULAR PRINTER I USE AND ALL WAS
FINE.