-   -   Problems after user copied XLS file to different folder- Help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/54770-problems-after-user-copied-xls-file-different-folder-help.html)

Ralph D via OfficeKB.com

Problems after user copied XLS file to different folder- Help

I have a user that is using Excel 2003 on Windows XP pro. He copied a XLS
file from on folder to another. After he attempted to open the file from the
new folder location it gives a message that references the directory and says
the file cannot be located. I can see if in the directory and windows
explorer and know it is there. If you click on the old file that does still
work as expected. Just the new location does not. Any ideas? Thanks

exceluserforeman

Problems after user copied XLS file to different folder- Help

When you copy from one folder to another through explorer, press F5 to
refresh to directory. Access the file from excel.exe rather than
double-clicking on the xls file itself to open it.

Start Excel.exe directly. Now try to open the workbook.