-   -   If Statments containing letters (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/54580-if-statments-containing-letters.html)

Rick Wiley

If Statments containing letters

How do I create an IF statement that contains letters.

eg. Cell A1 "COTTONELLE 24 ROLL".
IF(A1="COTT*",1,0).

The ultimate goal is to create Conditional Formatting for specific brands.

Dave Peterson

If Statments containing letters

One way:

=IF(COUNTIF(A1,"cott*"),1,0)

or
=--countif(a1,"cott*")

The -- converts true to 1 and False to 0.

--

Dave Peterson

Nikki

If Statments containing letters