into A2 format the text as red.

2. If I place any date into cell A1, I need A2 to say N/A.

I have been able to do #1 using conditional formating but am stuck on
#2.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

--
Jerry Eggleston
Jerry Eggleston's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9898
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=483552

Peo Sjoblom

Install dates formating using conditional formating?

Dates are just formatted numbers so there is no way of really testing for a
date except

=IF(ISNUMBER(A1),NA(),"Something else")

Peo Sjoblom

"Jerry Eggleston"
<Jerry.Eggleston.1y8n4b_1131554106.6239@excelfor um-nospam.com wrote in
message news:Jerry.Eggleston.1y8n4b_1131554106.6239@excelf orum-nospam.com...

I have 2 cells (A1 and A2). I would like to have the following take
place.

1. If I place a date that is either past or withinthe next 30 days

#2.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

--
Jerry Eggleston
Jerry Eggleston's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=483552

Jerry Eggleston

Install dates formating using conditional formating?

Thanks for the help

I find that if I place the suggested formula in cell A2 it follows the
status of A1. however I need to place a date into cell A2. Should I
be putting the formula into the conditional formatting area?