-   -   Number stored as text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/54371-number-stored-text.html)

Andrew Clark

Number stored as text

Hello,

I have a little VBA app that pulls data from a database. All data is
brought in correctly, but one column will not format as number, and
when I save the resulting workbook, I get all those "Number stored as
text" smart tags. I can't figure out what to put here ("General"
doesn't seem to work here):

Columns("D:D").NumberFormat = ?

to store those numbers as numbers and not text. MSDN has been most
unhelpful. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Andrew

Gary''s Student

Number stored as text

In either VBA or on the worksheet, once the values have been entered, place 1
in an un-used cell, copy it and paste/special with muliply checked over the
cells you want to convert to numbers.
--
Gary's Student