-   -   I need Excel to make "1" into "001" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/54304-i-need-excel-make-1-into-001-a.html)

Cervantes

I need Excel to make "1" into "001"

I'm making a ranking list in excel and now i want all numbers to be
alligned when I copy them to a forum. In order to do that I need excel
to make every number 3 figures, so for instance 1 becomes 001 and 85
becomes 085. There must be a way to do this automatically in excel,
but how? Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance,

Cervantes

--
Cervantes
Cervantes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26323

Anne Troy

I need Excel to make "1" into "001"

Format--Cells, Number tab, Choose Customer and type 000 into the short box
at the right.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Cervantes" wrote
in message ...

I'm making a ranking list in excel and now i want all numbers to be
alligned when I copy them to a forum. In order to do that I need excel
to make every number 3 figures, so for instance 1 becomes 001 and 85
becomes 085. There must be a way to do this automatically in excel,
but how? Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance,

Cervantes

--
Cervantes
Cervantes's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=483188

Johnny Naperville

I need Excel to make "1" into "001"

Format(<cell,"000") will also work.

"Cervantes" wrote:

I'm making a ranking list in excel and now i want all numbers to be
alligned when I copy them to a forum. In order to do that I need excel
to make every number 3 figures, so for instance 1 becomes 001 and 85
becomes 085. There must be a way to do this automatically in excel,
but how? Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance,

Cervantes

--
Cervantes
Cervantes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26323
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=483188

Cervantes

I need Excel to make "1" into "001"

Thanks to the both of you for the quick replies :)

--
Cervantes
Cervantes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26323
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=483188

Dave Peterson

I need Excel to make "1" into "001"

=text(a1,"000")

????

"Cervantes" wrote:

I'm making a ranking list in excel and now i want all numbers to be
alligned when I copy them to a forum. In order to do that I need excel
to make every number 3 figures, so for instance 1 becomes 001 and 85
becomes 085. There must be a way to do this automatically in excel,
but how? Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance,

Cervantes

--
Cervantes
Cervantes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26323
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=483188

--

Dave Peterson

Terry

I need Excel to make "1" into "001"

I just change cell format to text it works, however when I sort them latter,
numerical data and text data they sory separately.

Will the way you guys provide can deal the problem of latter sorting?

Anne Troy

I need Excel to make "1" into "001"

Yep. The value is the sort order, not the display.
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com