-   -   row numbers disappeared? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/54290-row-numbers-disappeared.html)

George

row numbers disappeared?

All of a sudden, my row numbers (left-most col) are gone. Column
letters are still visible. <tools - options - view, row & col
headers is checked.

How do I get the row numbers to display again?

Thanks,
George

Johnny Naperville

row numbers disappeared?

Have you tried closing Excel and reopening it? Does the problem persist?

Have you changed the resolution of your monitor (or installed a new video
driver)?

Did your spreadsheet just grow past 100, 1000, or 10000 rows? Excel needs to
calculate a new width for the row number field if you did.

How long has it been since you rebooted your computer? A reboot can clear up
a multitude of problems.

George

row numbers disappeared?

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 09:41:02 -0800, "Johnny Naperville"
wrote:

Have you tried closing Excel and reopening it? Does the problem persist?

Yeah, finally. That fixed it.

Have you changed the resolution of your monitor (or installed a new video
driver)?

No.

Did your spreadsheet just grow past 100, 1000, or 10000 rows? Excel needs to
calculate a new width for the row number field if you did.

No. It was a very small sheet, just a few lines ... I think. I was
using it to experiment with some VBA stuff, so I can't be absolutely
certain.

How long has it been since you rebooted your computer? A reboot can clear up
a multitude of problems.

(Or cover a multitude of sins.)

Anyway, it went away. All is well. Thanks for the response.