-   -   Help with Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/54219-help-formula.html)

koba

Help with Formula

Hi

Could somebody please help me develop a formula for the following
problem

If cell A3 contains the letters HD and the price in cell D3 is lower
than the price in D2 display “BAD PRICE” other wise display “OK”.
Otherwise display “NOT HD” if the letters hd are not in the cell.

The references in the A cells will contain both letters and numbers
such as:
9000
9000HD
9000HDB
9151
9151HD

Please help

Much Appreciated

Andrew

--
koba
koba's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28639

RagDyer

Help with Formula

Try this:

=IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("HD",A3)),IF(D3<D2,"BAD PRICE","OK"),"NOT HD")

--
HTH,

RD