-   -   Cell Notes (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/54152-cell-notes.html)

rayd

Cell Notes

I have inherited a spreadsheet that has a cell that whenever you put the cell
pointer over the cell a note pops up with a description of the cell and notes
about the cell that someone apparently entered. Its not a comment and can
not be edited by comments. I have never seen this before. Does anyone know
how to edit these notes or delete these notes?

Thanks
--
Ray

Dave Peterson

Cell Notes

Maybe it's from Data|Validation|Input message tab

rayd wrote:

I have inherited a spreadsheet that has a cell that whenever you put the cell
pointer over the cell a note pops up with a description of the cell and notes
about the cell that someone apparently entered. Its not a comment and can
not be edited by comments. I have never seen this before. Does anyone know
how to edit these notes or delete these notes?

Thanks
--
Ray

--

Dave Peterson

rayd

Cell Notes

Thanks... thats where the notes were coming from.
--
Ray