-   -   Header Column?!? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/54063-header-column.html)

Ernest Lai

Header Column?!?

Hi all.

I have a table with lots of rows. I also have a column which is numbered
1,2,3,.... for each row of data.

However Excel also has its own list of numbers 1-9999. As a result the
header row is numbered 1 and my 1st line of data is row 2.

Is there a way of making the header row 0, so excel names my 1st line of
data as row 1?

Thanks in advance, any help is much appretiated.

Ernest Lai

Roger Govier

Header Column?!?

Hi Ernest
No, you cannot renumber Excels rows, they are 1:65536

What you can do, is use column A for your numbering and use
ToolsOptionsView and Turn off Row&column Headers
If you put your cursor in cell B2 and choose WindowsFreeze panes you will
then hold the headings as your column headers instead of A,B,C etc. and your
row numbers will show as the row identifier.

Regards

Roger Govier