-   -   Auto updating a workbook with data from another workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/54006-auto-updating-workbook-data-another-workbook.html)

Richard

Auto updating a workbook with data from another workbook

I'm in the middle of building a prospect and sales tracking workbook that
monitors, activity and produces reports for the Technology Sales department
at work. The idea is to have a workbook that the sales person can take on the
road and update with prospect and sales information (Company Name, Contact
Name, Sales Region, Forecasted Revenue, Forecasted Profit, Actual Profit etc)
and then send this via email into the office. The Director then has a
workbook at the office which includes the reports. The data from several
different sales people then needs collating and entering into the reporting
workbook. I need the process to be as automated as possible so the director
just needs to open the reporting workbook and run a macro etc to update it
with the new data. I've got the sales person's workbook completed and the
workbook which produces the reports finished. I now need a way of combining
the sales peoples workbooks into the reporting workbook. I'm sure it can be
done with Macros but have no experience, if someone could point me in the
right direction I'd be very gratefull.

Cheers

Richard