-   -   Input from Access - formatting problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/53974-input-access-formatting-problem.html)

Jeff

Input from Access - formatting problem

Hi All,

I have an excel spreadsheet linked to Access.

I input some information in Access and it appears in the Excel ss.

The problem is that the numbers are formatted as text. This produces an
error because the numbers are in a summed column. In Excel the column is
formatted as number.

Any ideas on how I can force the text to be formatted as number when it
receives new data. The Excel Form is not open when updated by Access.

Any help greatly appreciated,

Jeff

Debra Dalgleish

Input from Access - formatting problem

How are you transferring the data?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Jeff

Debra Dalgleish wrote:
How are you transferring the data?

I have the excel ss linked to the database on a subform, it's not
imported and I'm not using code. I linked to the file and embedded the
linked table in an Access form.

Thanks for the help.

Jeff C

Debra Dalgleish

Input from Access - formatting problem

It may depend on what was in the table when you linked it. If you post
to an Access newsgroup, and describe the problem, including what version
of Office you're using, someone may be able to help.