-   -   How do I find a lost Excel file in Windows XP (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/53881-how-do-i-find-lost-excel-file-windows-xp.html)

m2babs

How do I find a lost Excel file in Windows XP

Due to problems with new Windows XP, I lost an excel file. The shortcut still
points to the location of the file, but is unable to find any file with that
name. I have tried a search function but still am unable to find the file

Ian

How do I find a lost Excel file in Windows XP

Double-check your recycle bin, in case it ha been deleted. Try using partial
filenames to search, such as filename.*, file*.* or *.xls in case the file
has somehow been renamed. If this fails, try taking the enquiry to a Windows
XP newsgroup as this is not an Excel-specific problem.
--
Ian