-   -   Steps to deleting decimel in excel-ex. 3.24 to 324 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/53812-steps-deleting-decimel-excel-ex-3-24-324-a.html)

using excel

Steps to deleting decimel in excel-ex. 3.24 to 324

How can I delete the decimel point in a cell but keep the value entered-ex.
3.24 to 324

Ron Coderre

Steps to deleting decimel in excel-ex. 3.24 to 324

Have you tried . . .
€˘Select the range you want to edit
€˘EditReplace
-Find What: . <-Decimal Point
€˘Replace With: (leave this blank)
€˘Click the [Replace All] button

Does that help?
(If not....EditUndo!)

€˘€˘€˘€˘€˘€˘€˘€˘€˘€˘
Regards,
Ron

"using excel" wrote:

How can I delete the decimel point in a cell but keep the value entered-ex.
3.24 to 324

Jerry W. Lewis

Steps to deleting decimel in excel-ex. 3.24 to 324

If all have 2 decimal places, put 100 in a cell, copy the cell, select
the range in question and Edit|Paste Special|Multiply.

If a helper column is acceptable,
=A1*100
for 2 decimal places, or
=VALUE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,".","")