-   -   Opening excel filese from windows explorer (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/53623-opening-excel-filese-windows-explorer.html)

Alberto

Opening excel filese from windows explorer

Hi folks,

My excel files were not opening from windows explorer and so I did the below:

Tools / Options / General Tab / Uncheck "Ignore Other applications"

However, I still get error messages in excel when opening the filese from
explorer. The file eventually opens after I press 'enter' several times and
get rid of the error message. Any clues as to why?

thank you

alberto

Dave Peterson

Opening excel filese from windows explorer

Sometimes one of these works:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

--- or ---

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver