-   -   Excel is "frosting" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/53615-excel-frosting.html)

Ferrari

Excel is "frosting"

Hi,

I'm working with Excel 2003. When I'm working on a specific document that
I've copied and paste informations from the Net (FedEx), it was just text, no
hyperlink or images, this document won't save after 35 minutes that I'm
working on it.

If I save every 15 minutes, it will work but after 35 minutes, it said "Not
Responding" and I have to close Excel. I have the recover document but it
always misses the latest changes that I've made.

I've lost 2 hours and a half on that, I had 935 rows of text, I've deleted
about 800 of them but it won't change a thing. It seems that it's not Excel,
I've tried other documents, changing stuff and save after an hour and it
works well. So, my best guess is that the document has something but what
?????????

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave O

Excel is "frosting"

When I copy text from a web page, I notice a lot of "overhead" comes
along with the data: fonts, some formatting, etc. I can only guess
this may be causing the problem. As a test, the next time you copy
some data, paste it into Notepad first: all overhead will be stripped
out, and only the text will remain. Then copy from Notepad into the
clipboard, and paste into Excel from there. I hope this works out for
you!