-   -   time conversion (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/53328-time-conversion.html)

Charlie Zinck

time conversion

I'm trying to calculate the difference between start and finish times of
projects, and it needs to be in 1/100 time. for example 1:30 - 3:00 would
1:50. I haven't been able to figure out a formula for excel 2000.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jonathan Cooper

time conversion

This article may get you going on the right track.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2140...22120121120120

"Charlie Zinck" wrote:

I'm trying to calculate the difference between start and finish times of
projects, and it needs to be in 1/100 time. for example 1:30 - 3:00 would
1:50. I haven't been able to figure out a formula for excel 2000.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob Phillips

time conversion

That is time, not 1/100th time. To get this just subtract start_time from
end_time, and format as time.

If you meant 1.5 then use

=(end_time-start_time)*24

and format as general.