-   -   spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/53325-spreadsheet.html)

Jenn

spreadsheet

I'm still learning on Excel. I'm making a spreadsheet, and I have all of the
alphabet, i want to be able to use Auto Filter and press on A and get all the
A's Is it possible to only have the alphabet in the auto filter, so if i need
to use F all i have to do is press F and all the F's will show up?

Gary''s Student

spreadsheet

Say you have a column of words or phrases with a label on top of the column,
for example column A In cell B2 enter =left(A2) and copy down. Column B
will now contain the first letter of column A

Select column B and pull-down Data FIlter Autofilter.
--
Gary's Student