-   -   Saving Excel file sequentially (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/53301-saving-excel-file-sequentially.html)

Neville

Saving Excel file sequentially

I have a "template" Excel workbook that, whenever I save it, it must be saved
with a unique and sequential file name. How can I achieve this by means of
macros or is there any other way of automating this function?

Dave Peterson

Saving Excel file sequentially

You'll have to keep track of the last number used some how.

If the template is used by lots of people, you could have a text file in the
same folder that keeps track. If it's only used by you, maybe you could store
that number in your windows registry.

You may want to look at how J.E. McGimpsey does it:
http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

He has samples of both.

--

Dave Peterson