-   -   Why excel close all files when I just want to close one files (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/53280-why-excel-close-all-files-when-i-just-want-close-one-files.html)

hon123456

Why excel close all files when I just want to close one files

Dear all,

I opened several excel files, and now I want to close one file
of the opened file. But when I close one file, all other files are
closed and the whole excel is close. Is there any setting that I need
to change in excel setting? Thanks

Dave Peterson

Why excel close all files when I just want to close one files

There is no setting, but you have to be careful about what X you click on.

If you click on the X at the top (the application window), then you're closing
the application--not just the single workbook.

Yes, excel behaves differently from MSWord.

--

Dave Peterson

Raju Gunnal

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Peterson (Post 178953)

hon123456 wrote:

Dear all,

I opened several excel files, and now I want to close one file
of the opened file. But when I close one file, all other files are
closed and the whole excel is close. Is there any setting that I need
to change in excel setting? Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

Hi All,
Solved!!
You can solve it , of closing Multiple Excle file when you close single Excel file. You can follow below given link.

http://rajugunnal.blogspot.com/2010/...loses-all.html

Regards
Raju Gunnal