-   -   Series Numbers row & column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/53127-series-numbers-row-column.html)

Marnie

Series Numbers row & column

Please help I need to give a number of records unique numbers for an import
reference. Normally this wouldn't be a problem as I would just drag and fill
a column with the numbers, but this time I need to go from left to right and
then down and I can't drag and fill - does anyone know a formula that creates
a series of unique numbers?

Roger Govier

Series Numbers row & column

Hi Marnie

One way
Format the cells FormatCellsNumberCustom 000000
Enter in cell A1 =--(TEXT(ROW(),"000")&TEXT(COLUMN(),"000*))
Copy across and down as far as you wish

Regards

Roger Govier