-   -   Copy & Paste defaults (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/52985-copy-paste-defaults.html)

Jerry

Copy & Paste defaults

When copying text from another application into a cell in Excel, I can either
choose to retain the source formatting or use the destination formatting.
Does anyone know a way that I can make the Excel destination formatting the
default so that it is not necssary to make the selection on every copy/paste?

Jerry

Jim Rech

Copy & Paste defaults

I don't think there is a way to default Excel to the destination formatting.
The only workaround might be to paste via a macro:

Sub PasteDestinFormat()
ActiveSheet.PasteSpecial Format:="Text"
Jim
"Jerry" wrote in message
| When copying text from another application into a cell in Excel, I can
either
| choose to retain the source formatting or use the destination formatting.
| Does anyone know a way that I can make the Excel destination formatting
the
| default so that it is not necssary to make the selection on every
copy/paste?

| Jerry

Jerry

Copy & Paste defaults