-   -   How do I record a macro with relative cell addresses? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/52727-how-do-i-record-macro-relative-cell-addresses.html)

Tony IA

How do I record a macro with relative cell addresses?

When running a macro to enter date in several different cells, the entries
always are made in the original cell addresses that were used during
recording. I want to record a macro that allows "relative" cell movement
instead of "absolute" (with reference to the starting cell). I seem to
recall there was an option available to do this at one time, but I can't
recall what it was.

I'm using MS Office Excel 2003.

Gary''s Student

How do I record a macro with relative cell addresses?

What you need is the Stop Recording toolbar, it has the relative button.
It's a little hard to find:

1. start recording a dummy macro
2. pull-down View Toolbars and make sure the Stop Recording bar is checked
3. closeout the dummy macro.
--
Gary's Student