-   -   EXCEL - Concatinated Y-axis Label (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/52713-excel-concatinated-y-axis-label.html)

Mancini-Small-Bus

EXCEL - Concatinated Y-axis Label

The label for the Y axis for a graphed data is character-limited.

Is there a "setting" that allows this to be expanded to display more
characters?
(I know that font size has some effect.)

Thanks

CyberTaz

EXCEL - Concatinated Y-axis Label

Hello-

How many characters do you need? Don't let the fact that you cannot manually
resize the label box deceive you. Just keep typing and the width & height
will increase as necessary - width to the edges of the chart sheet, height to
as many as 5 or 6 lines. The one 'buggy' issue is that the next additional
line does not display until it has a certain amount of content.

If that still doesn't get the job done, delete the Label & replace it with a
Text Box. Use the Format Properties to set vertical alignment and type in as
much text as you want. (Bonus- You can also draw the Text Box, then click in
the Formula Bar and link to any cell in the workbook to display it's content
in the box on the chart. the content of the box will update if the cell
content changes.)

Regards |:)