-   -   Why does my excel spreadsheet show ### in place of a sum? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/52710-why-does-my-excel-spreadsheet-show-place-sum.html)

S. Teichman

Why does my excel spreadsheet show ### in place of a sum?

For some reason, some autoSUM cells in my spreadsheet are showing up as "#"
symbols even though they are correctly calculated in the function window...
Any ideas?

Cene K

Why does my excel spreadsheet show ### in place of a sum?

Try making the column wider.

"S. Teichman" wrote:

For some reason, some autoSUM cells in my spreadsheet are showing up as "#"
symbols even though they are correctly calculated in the function window...
Any ideas?

Chip Pearson

Why does my excel spreadsheet show ### in place of a sum?

Typically the # characters indicate that the column is not wide
enough to display the result. Try making the column wider.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"S. Teichman" <S. wrote in