-   -   get rid of recently used templates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/52477-get-rid-recently-used-templates.html)

kay

get rid of recently used templates

halo
when i right click on sheets and select insert it take a long time abt 5min
to show recently used templates. this is because it have a record of all the
templates i used so far how can i remove them from this
plz help
kay

Andy

get rid of recently used templates

Hi

Does the same thing happen when you select File/New? I had this problem
with File/New, it turned out to be that the shortcuts used to point to
the templates were pointing to obsolete directories etc. I deleted all
the shortcuts using Windows Explorer and created new one's for the
templates contained in the 'All templates' folder.

Our problem was with the Workgroup templates on the network.

You should be able to find your user templates folder on the C Drive if
that is the group of templates causing the problems rather than the
workgroup templates.

Apologies if my wording is confusing.

Thanks
Andy