-   -   Sum if criteria is a name (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/52228-sum-if-criteria-name.html)

ldiaz

Sum if criteria is a name

Hi all..Sorry if this question was sent before by error.

Here is my question.

I have two sheets with datas like this, but I have one sheet where I have
only the name of the person, what I want is this:

Put a criteria in the Sheet#1 where it sum all Invoice values of second
sheet if the name is X ,
Example:

Sheet#1
Salesperson InvoiceTotal
Buchanan 29000
Suyame 28000

Sheet#2
Salesperson Invoice
Buchanan 15000
Buchanan 9000
Suyama 8000
Suyama 20000
Buchanan 5000
Dodsworth 22500

anybody can help me with this,,I'll appreciate so much.

Note: Pivot Table or Query does not work according what I want,

Thanks.
ldiaz

Sloth

Sum if criteria is a name

=SUMIF(Sheet2!$A$2:$A$7,A2,Sheet2!$B$2:$B$7)

I don't understand, when I was looking for the answer in the help I found
this as an example. What is the problem you are experiencing?