-   -   Excel and macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/52111-excel-macro.html)

Mandley D

Excel and macro

Dear All

I have an Excel worksheet and am wanting to make it intereactive so scores
(from a questionaire/assessment) can be entered in by the user and the
results of the assessment displayed.

What I'd like to know is how to write a formula/macro which looks at 4
scores, notes the results of # 1 and# 2 in order, and displays text based on
that score.
Is this possible in Excel ?

Many thanks in advance
DM

Chip Pearson

Excel and macro

I'm not sure what you're looking for, but the LARGE function can
return the nth largest number from a range. For example,

=LARGE(A1:A10,1)
will return the largest number in A1:A10, and
=LARGE(A1:A10,2)
will return the second largest number in A1:A10

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Mandley D" wrote in message
Dear All

I have an Excel worksheet and am wanting to make it
intereactive so scores
(from a questionaire/assessment) can be entered in by the user
and the
results of the assessment displayed.

What I'd like to know is how to write a formula/macro which
looks at 4
scores, notes the results of # 1 and# 2 in order, and displays
text based on
that score.
Is this possible in Excel ?

Many thanks in advance
DM

Mandley D

Excel and macro

Dear Chip
Your right I wasn't thorough enough in my explanation. Basically the
spreadsheet will document peoples answers to a variety of questions and
depending upon the answers from these questions people will be scored (and
their score added up). - its essentially a Psychometric test.

The worksheet will then look at for example scores from 4 different areas
and assign a particular characteristic related to that score. ie a score of
say 10-15 out of 30 for area A may result in the following characteristic
(and this is an example not the actual text) "This person displays good
leadership skills", whilst a score of <10 in the same area may result in
another statement.

What I want the worksheet to do is look at the scores and the statements
from two different areas and assign a further summary characteristic.

Is this clearer.
Thanks in advance
David