-   -   Omitting Some Cells From Conditional Formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/51989-omitting-some-cells-conditional-formatting.html)

MatthewTap

Omitting Some Cells From Conditional Formatting

Hello.

I have a sheet where the top row, A1:E1, is a title row, and everything
below that is data that'll be entered.

I have set up a conditional formatting item that essentially puts a border
around a row when I type something in A1... I highlighted columns A through E
and then added the condition:

=NOT(ISBLANK($A1))
[format so that each cell is outlined]

However, and this is just one example that will help me solve a number of
other issues, I want to be able to not have this condition on the first
row... the title row... as I want to be able to do something else in this row.
[ideally, it would be good to know if I could do separate things for a
couple of rows, but the title row is the main thing for now].

For example, in the title row, I want a different style border than I did in
the formatting for the rest of the rows.

I hope that's enough to give a picture of what I have going on. Anyone have
any thoughts on what I need to do... or is there anything I can do?

As always, any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.
Matt

vezerid

Omitting Some Cells From Conditional Formatting

=AND(NOT(ISBLANK($A1)), ROW()<1)

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

MatthewTap

Omitting Some Cells From Conditional Formatting

Kostis -- thanks a bunch.

"vezerid" wrote:

=AND(NOT(ISBLANK($A1)), ROW()<1)

HTH