-   -   Date format with day of week and date (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/51865-date-format-day-week-date.html)

Kathy

Date format with day of week and date

I have Excel 2003 and want to figure out how to format a cell where the date
and day of week appear...i.e. Wed 10/19/2005

I know how to make the date formats change but cannot find one that offers
both the date as well as the day of week...if there are no options for it,
what is the format for customizing it to do this?

Thanks!
Kathy

JMB

Date format with day of week and date

One way is to use a custom format

DDDD M/DD/YYYY

"Kathy" wrote:

I have Excel 2003 and want to figure out how to format a cell where the date
and day of week appear...i.e. Wed 10/19/2005

I know how to make the date formats change but cannot find one that offers
both the date as well as the day of week...if there are no options for it,
what is the format for customizing it to do this?

Thanks!
Kathy

JMB

Date format with day of week and date

OR

DDD M/DD/YYYY

to abbreviate Wed.

"Kathy" wrote:

I have Excel 2003 and want to figure out how to format a cell where the date
and day of week appear...i.e. Wed 10/19/2005

I know how to make the date formats change but cannot find one that offers
both the date as well as the day of week...if there are no options for it,
what is the format for customizing it to do this?

Thanks!
Kathy

Kathy

Date format with day of week and date

Thanks a lot!

"JMB" wrote:

OR

DDD M/DD/YYYY

to abbreviate Wed.

"Kathy" wrote:

I have Excel 2003 and want to figure out how to format a cell where the date
and day of week appear...i.e. Wed 10/19/2005

I know how to make the date formats change but cannot find one that offers
both the date as well as the day of week...if there are no options for it,
what is the format for customizing it to do this?

Thanks!
Kathy

JMB

Date format with day of week and date