-   -   autopopulate sl.no.based on a cell value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/51554-autopopulate-sl-no-based-cell-value.html)

TUNGANA KURMA RAJU

autopopulate sl.no.based on a cell value

I have cell value in work sheet based on a function and it changes
accordingly.Based on this cell value I want to populate a serial numbers in a
column.suppose c1=15,Iwant to populate from d10:d100 serial number as
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15 upto d24 only rest should appear as
blank.Iwant this funtion as array that means d10:d100= formula.maximum cell
value is around 90.Any idea to get this result.

Rowan Drummond

autopopulate sl.no.based on a cell value

In D10 enter:
=IF(ROWS($1:1)<=$C$1,ROWS($1:1),"")
and copy down to D100

Hope this helps
Rowan

TUNGANA KURMA RAJU wrote:
I have cell value in work sheet based on a function and it changes
accordingly.Based on this cell value I want to populate a serial numbers in a
column.suppose c1=15,Iwant to populate from d10:d100 serial number as
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15 upto d24 only rest should appear as
blank.Iwant this funtion as array that means d10:d100= formula.maximum cell
value is around 90.Any idea to get this result.

TUNGANA KURMA RAJU

autopopulate sl.no.based on a cell value

Many thanks for helping

"Rowan Drummond" wrote:

In D10 enter:
=IF(ROWS($1:1)<=$C$1,ROWS($1:1),"")
and copy down to D100

Hope this helps
Rowan

TUNGANA KURMA RAJU wrote:
I have cell value in work sheet based on a function and it changes
accordingly.Based on this cell value I want to populate a serial numbers in a
column.suppose c1=15,Iwant to populate from d10:d100 serial number as
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15 upto d24 only rest should appear as
blank.Iwant this funtion as array that means d10:d100= formula.maximum cell
value is around 90.Any idea to get this result.

Rowan Drummond

autopopulate sl.no.based on a cell value

You're welcome.

TUNGANA KURMA RAJU wrote:
Many thanks for helping