-   -   Change cell color if it is the lowest number of a group? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/51292-change-cell-color-if-lowest-number-group.html)

Anthony

Change cell color if it is the lowest number of a group?

I was wondering how do you change the color of the number in a cell when that
number is the lowest number in a group of cells? Thanks in advance.

Anthony

Dave O

Change cell color if it is the lowest number of a group?

I used this formula in "Conditional Formatting" in cell B3:
=B3=MIN($B$3:$B$6)
.... and applied a distinctive cell format. Then I copied cell B3 and
pasted it into B4 to B6. Enter a series of numbers into B3 to B6 and
the lowest number shows the format you applied.

pinmaster

Change cell color if it is the lowest number of a group?

Hi,
Use conditional formatting and the MIN formula using these settings
Cell Value is:
Equal to:
and type your formula
e.g... =MIN($A$1:$B$10)
choose your format and hit OK.

HTH
JG

--
pinmaster
pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6261

Anthony

Change cell color if it is the lowest number of a group?

Thanks, works great. I could not remember the Conditional Formatting in
Excel.

Anthony