Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ron M.

Default Please, need help with multiple "if" conditions

This spreadsheet has 5 columns.

In Column B, "District," you input the number of a school district.
There are 20 districts, so these will between 1 and 20, inclusive. Each
district will appear many times in the column (there are over 1,500
rows).

Now:

Dave is assigned to districts 1,3,4,6,9,17 and 18.
Bill is assigned to districts 2,5,11,12,14,15 and 20
Mary is assigned to districts 7,8,10,13,16 and 19.

(I'm guessing at these assignments - the actual assignments may be
slightly different)

What I need to do is configure this spreadsheet so that when the
district number is entered in Column B, the name of the person assigned
to that district automatically appears in Column E, "Assignment."

What I will do is create the spreadsheet with 1500 blank lines, but
with this formula/macro imbedded. Throughout the next several months,
the data will be entered by various people.

I can do a simple "if" formula where if you enter, say, "4" in Column
B, "Dave" will appear in Column E, but I can't get beyond that point.

I need this for a major project at work. Can anybody help?

Thanks very much

Ron M.