-   -   Using the last number in a column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/51277-using-last-number-column.html)

MarkT

Using the last number in a column

Is there a way to use the last number in a column (in a formula) when you
won't know what the exact cell is where that number will be located? The
last number will not be in a constant cell, this column is a running balance
column so additonal rows will be added daily.

Thanks for your help!

Peo Sjoblom

Using the last number in a column

One way

=INDEX(A1:A10000,COUNT(A1:A10000))

I am assuming here that there are no blanks, replace
A1 with the cell the holds the first number and A10000 with a large enough
number you'll know you won't go beyond

If there are blanks you can use

=LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A10000<""),A1:A10000)

Peo Sjoblom

"MarkT" wrote in message
Is there a way to use the last number in a column (in a formula) when you
won't know what the exact cell is where that number will be located? The
last number will not be in a constant cell, this column is a running

balance
column so additonal rows will be added daily.

Thanks for your help!

MarkT

Using the last number in a column

Thanks Peo,