-   -   Creating seperate sheet lists from larger list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/51275-creating-seperate-sheet-lists-larger-list.html)

macquarl

Creating seperate sheet lists from larger list

I have a list the is in one sheet - this list contains names and
departments and then the data that I seek.

Currently there are seperate lists on different "department" sheets
that break down the people that are on the complete list so that
department managers can click on their sheet and just view their data.
This is all done manually.

The problem: With turnaround (hiring, firing, dpeartment moves, etc)
these sheets are becoming a nightmare to maintain.

The question: Is there a formula that I can use that will use the main
listing as a starting point that will filter the other sheets based on
the department listed in column B so that column A and Column C (the
data) will appear in the various department sheets?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
macquarl
macquarl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26388

Ron de Bruin

Creating seperate sheet lists from larger list

Hi macquarl

You can try this
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm

--