-   -   Save options on excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/51164-save-options-excel.html)

Helen@GM

Save options on excel

Am using Excel 2000. Every time I open and close a document the "Do you want
to save changes?" box comes up even though I've made no changes. How do I
change this so this box only comes up when changes have been made?

Bob Phillips

Save options on excel

Helen,

That can happen if there are any volatile functions in the workbook that
will recalculate on opening, such as =NOW().

If you have these, not much you can do about it, that is the way Excel
works.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Helen@GM" wrote in message
Am using Excel 2000. Every time I open and close a document the "Do you

want
to save changes?" box comes up even though I've made no changes. How do I
change this so this box only comes up when changes have been made?

Helen@GM

Save options on excel

Hi Bob,

Thanks for that but don't think that is the reason as even when a blank
unnamed doc is open it will also ask if I want to save changes when I try to
shut down Excel. It appears to be something to do with the set-up but can't
find a way to change it.

Any other ideas?

Helen