-   -   Simple Calculating Costs (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/51129-simple-calculating-costs.html)

Tanker350

Simple Calculating Costs

I have been given an assignment for school. I need to use Excel but do not
have any experience with it.

I need to develope a model for calculating the cost to re-carpet our
classroom. Our instructor is emphasizing the quality of the model being
important.

Where should I start, any ideas to lead me. Thank-you

Thank-you

Jezebel

Simple Calculating Costs

Make a list of the variables (floor area, cost per square meter, and
whatever else is in the formula).

Assign one cell for each variable. Enter a caption so it's obvious what the
cell contains.

Assign a name for each of the cells containing data.

Assign a cell for the result. Add a caption, and explanation if there's
anything to explain.

Enter the formula, using names rather than cell references.

Put a bit of effort into making the sheet *look* good.