-   -   TEXT IN CELL, but not too wide (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/51088-text-cell-but-not-too-wide.html)

FLKULCHAR

TEXT IN CELL, but not too wide

I wish to type a paragraph into my cell.

Instead of having it appear several inches wide on the spreadsheet, I wish
it to wrap, say, into 4 or 5 lines, each line just a few inches wide.

How is this done please??

Thanks,

FLKulchar

Bob Phillips

TEXT IN CELL, but not too wide

Type a first line, then Alt-Enter, another line, Alt-Enter, etc.

--

HTH

RP

"FLKULCHAR" wrote in message
I wish to type a paragraph into my cell.

Instead of having it appear several inches wide on the spreadsheet, I wish
it to wrap, say, into 4 or 5 lines, each line just a few inches wide.

How is this done please??

Thanks,

FLKulchar

FLKULCHAR

TEXT IN CELL, but not too wide

Thank you...works fine, however I thought there was yet a different method of
accomplishing this via the use of the Format menu...etc...etc???

"FLKULCHAR" wrote:

I wish to type a paragraph into my cell.

Instead of having it appear several inches wide on the spreadsheet, I wish
it to wrap, say, into 4 or 5 lines, each line just a few inches wide.

How is this done please??

Thanks,

FLKulchar

Dave Peterson

TEXT IN CELL, but not too wide

Format|cells|alignment tab|check wrap text

But you'll have more control over where the lines split by using the alt-enters.