-   -   Allow use of a control scroll bar in protected worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/50959-allow-use-control-scroll-bar-protected-worksheet.html)

Marco

Allow use of a control scroll bar in protected worksheet

Hi all,
I have a control Scroll Bar in my worksheet (Excel 2003). I want to protect
everything except the use of that scroll bar (let the possibility to scroll).
I've tried to play with all the options in the Protect Sheet dialog box....
but when I click my scroll bar it doesn't want ! Any clue would be very
apreciated. Thanks !

Marco

Dave Peterson

Allow use of a control scroll bar in protected worksheet

Do you have a linked cell assigned to that scrollbar?

If you do then that cell can't be locked on a protected worksheet. You could
either unlock it or assign a linked cell on a different worksheet.

--

Dave Peterson

Marco

Allow use of a control scroll bar in protected worksheet

Hi Dave,
In fact, I have a linked cell and if I unprotect it, it works !!
Thanks a lot !