-   -   conditional formatting challenge (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/50955-conditional-formatting-challenge.html)

brendan

conditional formatting challenge

Here is my challenge:

I have already used all 3 conditions. I need one condition to execute when
a value = approved OR n/a.

my problem is that i can do one or the other, but no both in the same
condition- how do you do that?

thanks!

Norman Jones

conditional formatting challenge

Hi Brendan,

my problem is that i can do one or the other, but no both in the same
condition- how do you do that?

Formula is: =OR($A$1="approvedd",$A$1="n/a")

---
Regards,
Norman

"brendan" wrote in message
Here is my challenge:

I have already used all 3 conditions. I need one condition to execute
when
a value = approved OR n/a.

my problem is that i can do one or the other, but no both in the same
condition- how do you do that?

thanks!

Max

conditional formatting challenge

On the face of it ..

.. I need one condition to execute when
a value = approved OR n/a.

Think using CF formulas in say, Condition 1 such as:

Formula is: =OR($A1="Approved",$A1="N/A")

(if the "n/a" within col A is text)

Or, if col A contains formulas which could evaluate to #N/A

Formula is: =IF(ISNA($A1),1,$A1="Approved")

could accomplish the desired conditional checks
--
Rgds
Max