-   -   How do I customise the colour of cell shading? Thank you (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/50748-how-do-i-customise-colour-cell-shading-thank-you.html)

Anna

How do I customise the colour of cell shading? Thank you

I would like to custom pick the colour of an excel cell from a colour wheel
[Excel | Format | Cells | Pattern] only has pre-chosen colours to choose
from.
I want to create my own colours.
Is this possible?
Many thanks, Anna.

Bob Phillips

How do I customise the colour of cell shading? Thank you

Excel has a colour palette of 56 colours, of which 40 are exposed in the
dropdown. You can change any of these colours with ToolsOptionscolor and
click Modify. You can make this the default by doing this in a new workbook,
save it as a template file named Book.xlt, and store it in the XLStart
directory.

--

HTH

RP