-   -   Accounting format now no longer display negative figures in ( )'s (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/50686-accounting-format-now-no-longer-display-negative-figures-s.html)

R. Earl R.

Accounting format now no longer display negative figures in ( )'s

When selecting Accounting as the number format, negative figures used to
appear in brackets. That is now no longer the case. Negative figures using
the Accounting format now appear with a minus in front. I have never used
any version of Excel other than Office XP.

Peo Sjoblom

Accounting format now no longer display negative figures in ( )'s

Use custom format and

_($* #,##0.00_);_($* (#,##0.00);_($* "-"??_);_(@_)

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"R. Earl R." <R. Earl wrote in message
When selecting Accounting as the number format, negative figures used to
appear in brackets. That is now no longer the case. Negative figures
using
the Accounting format now appear with a minus in front. I have never used
any version of Excel other than Office XP.

Dave Peterson

Accounting format now no longer display negative figures in ( )'s

Maybe....

Windows start button|settings|control panel|regional settings
(Or regional and language settings in winXP)

Regional Options tab, customize button in winxp

Currency Tab
change the negative currency format to show ()'s.

--

Dave Peterson