-   -   How do I insert an Auto Date in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/50097-how-do-i-insert-auto-date-excel.html)

R. Chambers

How do I insert an Auto Date in Excel

I would like to insert an auto date in a form and not in the header/footer.
Is this possible to do and if so, could you please provide me with
instructions

Paul B

Your could put =TODAY() in a cell and it will update everyday, if you want
to put in a date that want change you can use a macro with some code like
this, maybe in the open or before print event
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1") = Date

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"R. Chambers" <R. wrote in message
I would like to insert an auto date in a form and not in the

header/footer.
Is this possible to do and if so, could you please provide me with
instructions

Coltsfan

=today()

The above formula will give you the date. Just put it where ever you
want on your sheet.

Best of luck

--
Coltsfan
Coltsfan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19982

Dave Peterson

Do you mean a cell on a worksheet that looks like a form?

If yes, just put
=today()
in your cell and format it the way you like.