-   -   Is it possible to group parts with controls? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/50081-possible-group-parts-controls.html)

[email protected]

Is it possible to group parts with controls?

I created a setup sheet with controls on it. I want to group (collapse) one
portion of it which will not always be used. I tried to group it but the
controls did not go away when the rows were collapsed. Is it not possible to
do this? I played with unlocking them, then in properties I don't have the
option to move and size with cells. It's dimmed out.

Dave Peterson

I don't know what controls you're using, but sometimes if you use the similar
controls from the control toolbox toolbar, you'll see that move and size is
available--checkboxes, for example.

--

Dave Peterson

[email protected]

Thanks,

I am using a few options buttons, drop down lists, and a few spinners:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/Ready/cntrls.jpg

Does this help?

[email protected]

If this can't be done. I could just make a separate sheet for each portion
of (qualify, semifeature, and feature), but less sheets would be better :O)

Dave Peterson

I think you should do a little experimentation.

Try looking at one of each type to see if it supports the "move and size". If
it doesn't, then add the control that's like it from the control toolbox
toolbar. Then look to see if that supports "move and size".

It shouldn't take too long to check 3 shapes.