-   -   Combining multiple columns of text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/49868-combining-multiple-columns-text.html)

Amber Schellenberg

Combining multiple columns of text

I have a file of addresses. Each individual line of the address is in a
different adjacent cell. I would like to be able to combine the text into
one cell that is separated by commas, and or spaces. Is there an easy way to
achieve this
--
Amber

Dave Peterson

Are you making labels?

If yes, then keep your data the way it is. It's much easier to combine the
values than to separate it.

Use excel as your data base and use MSWord as the application to make the
mailing labels.

You may want to read some tips for mailmerge.
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge

The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave
Rado.

Amber Schellenberg wrote:

I have a file of addresses. Each individual line of the address is in a
different adjacent cell. I would like to be able to combine the text into
one cell that is separated by commas, and or spaces. Is there an easy way to
achieve this
--
Amber

--

Dave Peterson

Gary''s Student

Yes. You can combine text from different cells into a single cell.

For example, if A1 contains Springfield
and A2 contains Ohio
then =A1&", "&A2 in a cell would result in Springfield, Ohio
--
Gary''s Student