-   -   Consolidate (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/49777-consolidate.html)

Michele

Consolidate

i have a worksheet seperated by columns:

DATE / VENDOR / DESCRIPTION / FILE / MONTH / AMOUNT

i hope i explain this properly. i would like to cosolidate vendors. if there
is a vendor that shows up multiple times than i would like it to cosolidate
the name and just show me a total for that vendor for each month. i have at
least 30 vendors and over 1000 row of data. is this possible.

John Moore

You could use SUMIF function in a separate worksheet, or to one side of your
existing worksheet, firstly though it may be better to make a unique list of
your vendors and use the SUMIF function to extract the data you need, e.g.

=SUMIF(rangename,vendorname,qty)
where rangename is the entire data set ( say A1:F1000 ), vendorname is the
column with the vendor names ( say B1:B1000 ) and qty is the amount column (
say F1:F1000 ).

"Michele" wrote:

i have a worksheet seperated by columns:

DATE / VENDOR / DESCRIPTION / FILE / MONTH / AMOUNT

i hope i explain this properly. i would like to cosolidate vendors. if there
is a vendor that shows up multiple times than i would like it to cosolidate
the name and just show me a total for that vendor for each month. i have at
least 30 vendors and over 1000 row of data. is this possible.

Michele

i wrote this =SUMIF(Sheet1!A1:F1492,Sheet1!B1:B1492,Sheet1!F1:F 1492) in
another worksheet but i get this " 0 " now i just wrote that function in
cell A1. do i need to write it elsewhere?

"Michele" wrote:

i have a worksheet seperated by columns:

DATE / VENDOR / DESCRIPTION / FILE / MONTH / AMOUNT

i hope i explain this properly. i would like to cosolidate vendors. if there
is a vendor that shows up multiple times than i would like it to cosolidate
the name and just show me a total for that vendor for each month. i have at
least 30 vendors and over 1000 row of data. is this possible.

Nadeem