-   -   How can I transform several rows into 1 column in excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/49774-how-can-i-transform-several-rows-into-1-column-excel.html)

Melanie

How can I transform several rows into 1 column in excel?

I am using excel 2003 and I have 500 columns which all need to be put into 1
column. Is there another way besides copy and paste. I've already tried
transpose.

Sheila D

You could try =A1&b1&c1 ect - this will concatenate all named cells into 1
text string. 500 columns into 1 sounds a weird thing to do but I guess you
have your reasons!! If you want spaces between each entry use &" " HTH

Sheila

"Melanie" wrote:

I am using excel 2003 and I have 500 columns which all need to be put into 1
column. Is there another way besides copy and paste. I've already tried
transpose.

Melanie

Thanks, I think I worded my question wrong.
What I'm trying to do is change the orientation, so that my column headings
become rows. Any ideas?

"Melanie" wrote:

I am using excel 2003 and I have 500 columns which all need to be put into 1
column. Is there another way besides copy and paste. I've already tried
transpose.

Alan Beban

Melanie wrote:
I am using excel 2003 and I have 500 columns . . . .

Really? In Excel?

Alan Beban

vezerid

Try Edit|Copy for the data, then for the destination, Edit|Paste
Special...
Click the Transpose checkbox.

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

clane

if you have 500 rows and you want to transpose that to columns it will
not work as excel only has 256 columns.

--
clane
clane's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11865