-   -   column width (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/49764-column-width.html)

jsc3489

column width

If I want my column to be 1" when I print, what number do I put in the
'column width' box?

--
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Promote hydrogen - one of the best "clean" fuels there are!

Gary''s Student

If you want to set column width, select the column and pull-down:
Format Column Autofit Selection

If you want the header to say "1" instead of "A", then pull-down:
Tools Options General and check the R1C1 box
--
Gary's Student

"jsc3489" wrote:

If I want my column to be 1" when I print, what number do I put in the
'column width' box?

--
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Promote hydrogen - one of the best "clean" fuels there are!

jsc3489

???? I want my column width to be 1 inch (1"), and my row height to be 1/4
(.25) inch. Stupid Excel, why not have a pixel (or character) to inch (or cm)
converter built in so I know how wide (or tall) my stuff will be when I print
it? AAARRRGGGHHH
--

"jsc3489" wrote:

If I want my column to be 1" when I print, what number do I put in the
'column width' box?

--
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Promote hydrogen - one of the best "clean" fuels there are!

Dave O

A search on this newsgroup yielded this:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...86fab77f0d7107

energizerbuny

column width

I have just discovered (maybe I am a slow discoverer) that in Excel 2007
column width measurements are in inches in Page Layout View. When you are in
Normal view, column width is Excel's normal funky measurements.