Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
beanmonger

Default Combine rows

Hi,

I have a data set that looks like this:

Code:
--------------------
Name City Rating Type
Dave London 5 Audi
Dave London 4 Ford
Dave London 7 BMW
Tom Dallas 6 Audi
Tom Dallas 9 Bentley
--------------------

Is it possible to combine rows so that I have only one row per name?

So I need something like this:

Code:
--------------------
Name City Audi Ford BMW Bentley
Dave London 5 4 7 -
Tom Dallas 6 - - 9

The number of types can vary and not all names will have a particular
type. Basically I need to dynamically create columns.

Any ideas?

--
beanmonger
beanmonger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27982